There are days when I crave for a burger, especially the RM4 Ramly Burger Special. I prefer eating Ramly Burger anytime than any of the fast food outlet here. Who doesn’t love a good burger? Even my 92 year old grandpa love it when he had his first burger last year!
I made myself a Low Carb Burger, bun-less and guilt-free. To fill myself up, I prefer having another piece of burger patty (more protein) than carb like a bun. Why order take-aways when you can enjoy these loaded hamburgers at home?
Making burger patties are extremely easy. You can either have a basic minced pattie with just salt & pepper, or add some ingredients to the minced like what I did. Then cook the burger patties, top with cheese until it melts and any of your favourite topping, or on the side. I made more burger patties to freeze, weeknight dinners can be a breeze when I just want something quick.
- 500g Lean Minced Beef / Chicken
- 50g Button Mushrooms - finely chopped
- ½ Carrot - finely chopped
- ½ rib Celery - finely chopped
- 1 Shallot - finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic - finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil or vegetable oil
- 2 Slices Ceddar Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tomato - sliced
- 1 Capsicum - sliced
- Green salad
- In a pan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoon oil or vegetable oil. Add the chopped vegetables, shallot and garlic; season with salt and pepper, cook about 2-3 minutes, then cool completely.
- Combine the ground beef with salt, pepper and the cooled vegetables. Form four patties with your hands.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for 10 minutes, turning once for medium doneness and top with ceddar cheese until melted.
- After the patties are done, fry eggs in the pan. (or use another pan while the patties are cooking).
- Top the burgers with egg, sliced tomato, capsicum and green salad.
Pingback: 7 Healthy Dinner Recipes